Friday, April 15, 2011

Karen's "Official Post"

Hello, I'm Karen, and this will be the final class of my undergraduate education. I'm getting very excited for the trip! I'm not ashamed to say that I went a LITTLE (i.e. very) overboard when purchasing accessories for the trip. Amazon, Magellans, and Brookstone were a big help, and I now have all the savvy accessories for a world traveller. I've been abroad many times, but not in the same manner in which we'll be travelling, so I'm excited for a new form of sightseeing. I'm currently finishing my presentation, which I'll give at Rievaulx Abbey when we visit. More than anything, I'm excited to experience a culture that I've only briefly seen before (I visited London for 3 days in my freshman year). I love the ability of a traveller to be awed and fascinated by overseas experiences, not only learning about the culture, but learning a lot about themselves, as well. I'm also looking forward to spending more time with my classmates, making new friends, and challenging myself to be a more conscientious student and consumer of culture. See you in the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment