Thursday, May 26, 2011

"England Doesn't Want You to Leave...It's Crying" Final Official Post

Well hello everyone for the last time! I can’t believe it is here already! It has been a month and I’m so excited but sad to being coming home tomorrow. I have had the time of my life here and I can’t wait to come back later in life. London on my free days was probably my favorite only because I’ve been waiting to go there since I was around 6 years old. It feels amazing to finally accomplish such a wonderful goal in life especially since I was able to experience it with Matt. We had a great time on the London Eye, seeing Harry Potter sites, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, and many other little sites.
Some other sites have also created great memories. One that stands out the most is York Minster. It was the first cathedral we went to in the beginning of the month and by far my favorite. All the cathedrals stood out in their own way but York had a little bit of everything. That may be because I’m a little biased to York. It was my favorite city that we stayed in; however, Tenby and Wells-Next-to-the-Sea are close contenders in my top cities to stay in. I was also so excited to go into Wales because I have a really close friend who is Welsh and very proud of it. I was very happy to tell her I found something from Wales for her.
Although I’m not a history major, I took away a lot of history from this trip and find myself to be a little more cultured. I have my classmates and Dr. L to thank for that. Without such a great group it would have been impossible to experience as much as I did. That will be one of the things I will miss the most.
Cheers,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment