Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Harry Potter vs. Stonehenge pt. 2 Official Post

--To continue from where Courtney left off we went to Lacock where some of the places here were used in Harry Potter. More Specifically, the Lacock Abbey which is where the courtyard used in the first and second movies. Also there was the house where they filmed Lilly and James Potter dying by Voldemort's hands, and also there was the house they filmed Professor Slughorn at int he sixth movie. The group I was in went from those sights back to the pub we, the group, was dropped off at and waited for the rest of the group to get back from exploring. So the few guys I was with threw my frisbe in a small area just to add to the list of places we can say it has been.

After we left Lacock on the mini bus drove by the all so comical Chris, and he took us to Castle Combe which was honest to god one street maybe. If I remember correctly Chris said there was around 200 people in that small town which took me by surprise. He took us to the market place, which is basically the whole town because in the 17th century it was one of the largest market areas in England. He showed us the Cross area which had a ceiling type structure that if you were to sell here and it were raining you were capable to sell under the cross. The one thing about it was you had to be honest because you are selling under a cross.

He shortly after that showed us a tour through the cathedral there, sadly I know it's bad of me, I do not remember the name of it. But it had two different times where it was worked on, one was the nave and the alter, and the other part was more modern but still super old but it was the clock tower but there was no clock. The funny thing was the clock was inside of the place but it was only able to ring at curtain times instead of every hour.

Well once we got back to Bath, it was up to us to do anything until dinner which we met back in the YMCA lounge as a group to leave as a group. We were lead by Dr. L to the restaurant called Wagamama which was pretty awesome food. We ate for about an hour to an hour and a half and came back to the YMCA. Not long after we got back three of us went to the Royal Crescent and threw the frisbe a little more. Which that leads me right here typing this message to you readers.

Thanks for reading!
Thomas Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment