Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Final Hours... Matt's Last Official Post

This will be my last post before we return home! This has been one of my favorite trips that I have ever been on. England and Wales have been everything that I imagined they would be and they have both lived up to all of my expectations. I am kind of sad that this trip is almost over but at the same time it will be nice to be home again without having to constantly bring everything I would ever need with me where ever I go. I have enjoyed staying at the different youth hostels, YMCA, and the hotel. They have all been very enjoyable and welcoming. It was a new experience sharing a room with someone other than our group members but that gave me the opportunity to meet new and interesting people.
Talking to people in the hostel lounge areas also gave me the same opportunity to meet other travelers. All of the different sites that we have visited have been spectacular in their own way. I have really enjoyed walking through all of the different castles, cathedrals, and abbeys and learning about their history. Even though we visited a lot of castles, cathedrals, and abbeys each place had something new that the others did not. I have really enjoyed the different walking tours that we have taken through the different towns. I wish we had this kind of history back in the States. I am going to miss all of the train rides we took and all of the fun card games we played on them. I have also met some interesting people on these train rides. I am also going to miss the ocean views from Tenby and Wells-next-to-the-Sea. They were so beautiful. I am glad I got to try different types of food that I most likely would not have eaten if it were not for part of this course. I have met some wonderful people along the way and now have a lot of new friendships that I will take with me back to the States. I am going to take away some great memories and fantastic photographs of England and Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment