Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's come to an end post (It's "Official - post")

So we have come to the end of the course. Oh the things I have learned and the places I have seen. Though many are in ruins it was still fun to learn of their history and the reason for their existence. Majority of the castle located in Wales were designed and built to defend from the Welsh. In the medieval times, it was the king's goal to take over the Welsh land. Personally, I could understand why. Wales has beautiful landscape from the seacoast to the mountains. Taking a train through the country was one of my favorite experiences besides the holding the hawk and getting knighted again. Nothing trumps that.

I would have to say the things I will take with me are the memories made upon this trip. From talking with the locals to frisbee in the park, they all hold a special place in my memories. I think though that the most favorite thing on the entire trip (and yes, history is repeating) is the chance to hold the hawk. Oh, and the experiences at Tenby and Bath. Those were my two most favorite cities because of the location and the structure/layout of those cities. Tenby because I have discovered this love for the ocean even though the only other time I had been there was in Barbados and Bath because of the city look without the feel of the city. Meaning it didn't seem to be overly crowded for the size of city it was. Being a country girl, I have very little enjoyment for a city and surprisingly, I could see myself living in Bath for a couple of years.

Though I do love both England and Wales, I find myself looking forward to going home. I miss my family and friends and wish to see them again, hopefully before the ash cloud decides to ruin our return home. This was my longest time from home seeing as my other trips had only been for about two weeks and with other family members I might add. So this was an experience and adventure for me and one I will walk away from with knowledge gained and memories treasured. If you ever get a chance to venture into the lovely landscape of the United Kingdom, don't pass it up because you will find that it is totally worth it.

This is KC (Kaitlyn) signing out one last time. This be the end of May Term for me and the end of my Junior year. Bring on Senior year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment